Are you a Human Resources (HR) Professional who is passionate about Training & Development or a Trainer who is passionate about HR? Cities & Villages Mutual Insurance Co. (CVMIC) is seeking a Member Representative (Employment Practices Liability Specialist) who is passionate about delivering and facilitating leadership training and partnering with our municipal members to consult on HR matters and best practices.
See More About CVMIC
View What CVMIC Employees Say About Working Here!Essential Duties & Responsibilities
CVMIC takes a very proactive and creative approach to HR and risk management with the 52 Wisconsin Municipalities served. Each Municipality (CVMIC member) is assigned an experienced and dedicated team of specialists in HR and Risk Management.Individualized
In this role, you will have the opportunity to build an individualized plan tailored to each municipality's specific and unique needs, which will include HR compliance and initiatives designed to reduce their employment liability exposures. Day-to-day this may include:
- Leadership training programs on employment law or HR best practices (i.e. FMLA, ADA, FLSA, Anti-Harassment, Hiring / Interviewing, Coaching Employees, Performance Management)
- Leadership skill-building training programs (i.e. Succession Planning, Strategic Planning, Emotional Intelligence, Ethics, Mentoring, Organizational Communication, Team Building)
- Employee training programs on employment law regulatory compliance or special requests (i.e. Customer Service, Generations, Diversity)
- Consulting on federal or state employment laws, HR-related matters or best practices
- Providing assessment services (HR practices assessment, Hiring assessment)
You will also have the opportunity to be creative by participating in projects and membership-wide initiatives that have the goal of reducing liability exposures or communicating HR best practices, which may include:
- Developing content for use in e-learning programs, webinars, and YouTube videos
- Researching programs and services that foster our mission. Examples of current programs/services: Neogov Insight Applicant Tracking System, Neogov Onboard System, Biddle Pre-Employment Tests
- Facilitating regional member user group meetings to identify issues and trends and offer best practices sharing opportunities
We take our commitment to customer service seriously [View our Membership Stewardship report here], and in this role, you will have the opportunity to build lasting relationships that have a great impact on the communities you serve. Our professionals understand the unique pressures and challenges of local government because we work directly with municipal employees every day. [Discover what services we offer].
Our Risk Management services come at no additional cost to our members and provide many unique benefits. We believe that improving our member organizations is a long-term investment in each municipality and our membership. This service-based relationship is what sets CVMIC apart: we are onsite in our municipalities investing in their practices, processes, and policies, to prevent loss and protect our pool of members.What CVMIC Offers Employees:
- Outstanding benefits that include: Company-paid retirement contribution into a SEP Plan (12.1% of salary), Company-paid health insurance monthly premiums, tuition reimbursement for continuing education, and a Company Car!
- The ability to make a difference to local communities and their employees!
- Great variety in what you do each day
- Flexibility with your schedule, including the ability to telecommute
- A supportive team environment [View Loss Control's Mission Statement & Core Principles]
View the full Employment Practices Liability Specialist Job Description
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Adult Education, Organizational Development, Training & Development, Business Administration, Human Resources or equivalent
- 5 years related experience, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Valid Driver's License
- HR Professional Certification (preferred) - SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP, IPMA-SCP or IPMA-CP
- The methods and techniques of human resource management.
- The requirements, laws, and duties of municipalities in Wisconsin.
- Federal and state of Wisconsin employment laws and practices.
- Computer software including presentation software, database management, word processing, and other related areas.
- Develop and present effective training programs.
- Plan and coordinate activities to meet work objectives.
- Effectively interact with others both within and outside the organization.
- Communicate professionally, timely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Work with limited supervision.
- Operate a computer and understand/learn various computer software programs.
- Work effectively as part of a management team.
- Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, supervisors, managers, or elected officials.
- Travel out of office (in-state) to provide services to assigned municipal members.
Click the link to view the full posting: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cvmic