The RN Educator provides educational training and clinical recommendations through the utilization of expertise on client issues toward optimal independent functioning. This position is instrumental in the collaboration efforts of supporting our clients. The RN models excellence in nursing practice through the utilization of advanced concepts in the areas of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation of perceived, actual or potential problems that occur in a variety of client situations. This RN position is not your typical nursing role, this position requires the RN to be out in the field teaching and educating staff on topics related to providing healthcare services for our clientele.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve and support all policy and procedures in terms of recognized medication administration techniques, general medication storage, as well as scheduled (controlled substances) in observance of medication distribution and tracking to maintain compliance with the governing regulations.
- Be available to assess potential client admissions to ISI programs, as well as collaborate with acute care discharge planning with the interdisciplinary team as an advocate for the client to receive the right care at the right time in the right setting.
- Provide evidence-based clinical services, including but not limited to catheter changes, injections and wound care as appropriate as well as additional complex care needs.
- Must be available on a 24-hour basis via phone or in person as needed to respond to emergency situations.
- Assist in comprehensive assessments for fall risks or clients who have fallen with written and/or verbal collaboration with the interdisciplinary health care team toward proactive preventative measures in a timely manner.
- Work with a team of RN’s to ensure the quality of assigned training materials and methods are used in teaching unlicensed staff to perform their job duties under the established organizational, state and federal guidelines.
- Work with Human Resources in coordinating new employee requirements such as TB testing and any other required tests.
- Other duties as assigned.
If interested, contact: