Summary: The Human Resource Assistant supports the Human Resources department related to all functions: recruiting, hiring, payroll, benefits, terminations, training and administrative duties required at the front desk and for the department. This position will deal with a variety of internal and external customers and will receive direction from multiple managers in the organization regarding tasks and responsibilities. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload. All of the work assigned requires high attention to detail and multi-tasking with a friendly and upbeat personality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include the following: Duties may be modified or additional duties assigned.
- Greet visitors at the front desk and handle phone calls in a friendly and professional manner and direct them appropriately. Must be able to page employees.
- Assist management and front office staff with administrative tasks as needed such as spreadsheets, metrics and presentation documents.
- Post open jobs, review and process resumes, schedule and complete phone interviews, schedule interviews with hiring manager, prepare offer/rejection letters and etc.
- Prepare benefit and 401k folders, complete benefit/401k orientations, enter elections into payroll system (Paychex), spreadsheet and vendor websites, answer related questions and assist with yearly benefits renewal.
- Communicate with the supervisors to ensure performance and compensation reviews are done on a timely basis.
- Assist with annual training reminders, scheduling and updating the HR system.
- Responsible for ensuring there is a back up to front desk when away from desk.
- Maintain company forms and spreadsheets and ensure bins are stocked appropriately.
- Understand and adhere to all company policies and support the mission and values.
- Complete termination and new hire checklists from start to finish, schedule and complete the new hire orientations and exit interviews.
- Completion of Payroll tasks including payroll entry and processing, profit sharing spreadsheet, update wages/review dates and all benefit related tasks.
- All other duties as required.
- Minimum two years of Human Resource experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and have strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Able to work and adapt as needed to provide support to all levels of the organization.
- Able to multi-task and remain organized, focused and work independently.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude that works well with all employees in the company.
- Must be friendly and helpful.
- Ability to complete tasks within deadlines and communicate completion when necessary.
- Associate’s Degree preferred but not required; high school diploma or equivalent required.
- · Required to be able to sit for longer periods of time.
- · Move about throughout the office and manufacturing environment.
- · Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment.
- Manufacturing environment.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
Velocity Machine Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/vets.