ABOUT THE MULVA CULTURAL CENTER
When it opens in fall 2023, the $95 million, 75,000 sq. ft Mulva Cultural Center, located in De Pere, Wis., will be a world-class cultural destination, showcasing the finest traveling exhibits in the world along with unique features including a state-of-the-art theater, educational classrooms, an expansive gift shop, an upscale but casual-feel dining restaurant, event space and more. Guests will experience a culturally creative and diverse environment for education, enlightenment, contemplation and enjoyment.
MULVA CULTURAL CENTER MISSION
The Mulva Cultural Center is the vision of James J. and Miriam B. Mulva, De Pere natives whose immense generosity will provide world-class cultural experiences for generations to come. The Mulva’s envision the center to be a catalyst for community investment and an anchor for De Pere’s ongoing vitality.
FINANCING & OPERATIONS
The design, construction and ongoing operations of the Mulva Cultural Center is managed by the De Pere Cultural Foundation (Mulva Cultural Center) Board of Directors. The project and ongoing operations are being financed by personal donations from the Mulva’s or through grants from the Mulva Family Foundation.
INTRODUCTION / ABOUT THE POSITION
Under the leadership of the VP of Finance and in partnership with other Mulva Cultural Center leadership, the Human Resource Manager will facilitate the administration required for recruitment, interviewing, hiring, onboarding and retention of staff; administering pay and benefits; development and updating of the employee handbook; and exemplifying and enforcing of Mulva Cultural Center culture, core values, policies and practices.
RESPONSIBLITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization's human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- In partnership with hiring managers, facilitates the administration of talent acquisition and onboarding process, which may include the recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Provides employee orientation during the onboarding process and creates learning and development programs and initiatives that promote corporate culture and provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Administration of employee benefits, including facilitating employee education on offered benefits along with collecting and submitting employee information and notice of change in status to health, dental, life, disability, and other insurance carriers or insurance brokers.
- Provides support and guidance to leadership, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations, ensuring adherence to company policy.
- Ensures compliance with data privacy regulations and best practices.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of five years of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization's facilities.
EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION POLICY
The Mulva Cultural Center fosters equity, celebrates diversity and supports inclusion. We acknowledge that diverse backgrounds and voices of visitors, volunteers, trustees, staff and residents represented in our communities make us strong and better equipped to make positive impacts locally, nationally and internationally.
The Mulva Cultural Center is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The MCC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
Reports to: VP of Finance
Classification: Exempt. Full-time. Full MCC benefits
Salary: $75,000 - $100,000
Location: Based in De Pere, WI
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Learn more about the Center by visiting www.MulvaCulturalCenter.com
Follow on Facebook , Instagram and LinkedIn @MulvaCulturalCenter