This position supports the work of the Greater Green Bay YMCA, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The People Operations & Volunteer Coordinator will perform daily functions of the People Operations department including screening, hiring, and onboarding staff, overseeing volunteer activities within the organization, providing guidance regarding company policies and practices to both managers and employees, and preparing departmental reports and projects that arise.
- Champion the talent acquisition process; posts open positions internally and externally, monitors candidate flow for all positions, conducts phone interviews and coordinates onsite interviews, as needed. Collaborate with managers on all aspects of the hiring process.
- Maintain excellent candidate and manager experience with attentive responsiveness, prompt follow-through and timely movement of candidates through the talent acquisition process.
- Champion the onboarding process of all new hires to ensure a smooth, welcoming experience; track offer letters, process background checks, assist with completion of required online forms, and facilitating onsite new hire orientation.
- Develop human capital dashboards and metrics that support action planning and decision making.
- Champion the organizations volunteer efforts; maintains volunteer application and records, assists managers in volunteer placement process, and provides activity reports on volunteer participation.
- Creates and maintains relationships with community partners for volunteer recruitment and placement.
- Represents the organization at community events, such as job and volunteer fairs.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and propose more efficient ways of doing work.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and communicates best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Continually engages in education regarding trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Associates Degree in a relevant field, such as business or human resources, required.
- Bachelors Degree in business or human resources, preferred.
- 1 year of work experience providing human resources and/or recruiting related guidance, strongly preferred.
- Strong multi-tasking, organization, follow-through, and time management skills.
- Proven ability to influence leaders at all levels.
- A strong understanding of and ability to drive process improvement initiatives.
Full job description can be found by visiting www.greenbayymca.org/jobs