Oversee and contribute to the daily activities of the Payroll Team. Responsible for the accurate and efficient processing of payroll for our multi-state, multi-division organization. Play a key role in the relationship with our payroll vendor.
Roles and Responsibilities/ Essential Functions:
- Review time sheets, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Accurately enter Team Member information into the payroll system.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
- Audit wages and deductions; and enter data into payroll system, as needed.
- Audit Team Member information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records.
- Process and issue Team Member paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Keep track of leave time, such as vacation, personal, sick time, FMLA, and LOA for Team Members.
- Compile Team Member time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Issue and record adjustments from previous errors or retroactive increases.
- Provide information to Team Members and Leaders on payroll matters and tax issues.
- Keep informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process.
- Compile reports within the payroll system, as requested from Leaders and colleagues.
- Review and audit time sheets showing Team Members' arrival and departure times to ensure accuracy prior to uploading the data to the payroll vendor.
- Process quarterly and year-end taxes and reports, as provided by our payroll processor.
- Compute and process prevailing wage rates, as well as submit supporting documentation to clients, as requested.
- Complete, verify, and process forms and documentation for administration of items such as verification of employment, child support, garnishments, and unemployment.
- Coordinate special programs, such as United Way campaigns, which involve payroll deductions.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising leadership on needed actions.
- Lead, mentor and develop the Payroll Team.
- Assists in the recruitment, selection, orientation, and training of payroll employees.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of
- performing a task.
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within
- given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks in stressful situations.
- 3+ years of prior payroll experience
- Processing payroll in Paylocity
- 1 year of leading people
Required Skills, Education and/ or Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Skills, Education and/ or Certifications:
- Certified Payroll Professional
Equal Opportunity Employer - Including Disabled and Veterans