The Human Resources Intern will directly assist the Human Resources team with a wide range of projects related to; HR compliance, onboarding/orientation, employee benefits, projects and other entry level generalist tasks while learning HR process and procedures. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical.
Roles and Responsibilities/ Essential Functions:
- Test and perform HRIS activity on the HR system such as complete testing on new modules, data auditing, implementation and training.
- Perform research and assistance for various projects including but not limited to: wellness events, benefits, team member engagement, and compliance.
- Learn and support the company’s affirmative action plan program through activities and process review.
- Assist, organize, and coordinate onboarding for new hires.
- File and maintain HR and other personnel paperwork to ensure compliance with company policies and employment regulations.
- Assist in the transition of moving to a paperless system (scanning in all personnel file and HR documents into the system and sort according to standards).
- Participate in Intern development programs and other Intern network building events.
- Shadow all areas within the Human Resources team and complete an internship capstone project within one of these areas.
- Accountability: Accountability looks at the extent to which an individual is willing to accept responsibility.
- Communication, Oral: Oral Communication skills looks at the extent to which an individual communicates with economy and clarity, actively engaging in conversations in order to clearly understand others' message and intent and receives and processes feedback.
- Honesty / Integrity: Honesty and integrity looks at the ability of the individual to act in a fair and just manner, free from deception.
- Initiative: Initiative looks at the ability of the individual to act and take steps to solve or settle an issue.
- Organized: Organizational skills looks at the ability of the individual to be structured and methodical in working skills.
- Problem Solving: Problem solving skills looks at the ability of the individual to recognize courses of action which can be taken to handle problems or potential problems, and applying contingency plans to solve those problems.
- Team Builder: Team Building skills look at the ability of the individual to help ensure that team members are invested in team activities and decisions, and that the team works together to achieve a goal.
- Completed coursework in the Human Resources field
- Position or internship in Human Resources
Required Skills, Education and/ or Certifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred Skills, Education and/ or Certifications:
- Currently a college student through a Human Resources program, minimum GPA of 3.5 (associates or bachelor’s degree)
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite; Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Including Disabled and Veterans