This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The People Operations Generalist will perform daily functions of the People Operations department including hiring and onboarding staff, providing guidance regarding company policies and practices to both managers and employees, and preparing departmental reports and projects that arise.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Maintains the talent acquisition process; posts open positions, monitors candidate flow, and conducts phone interviews, as needed. Collaborates with department managers to understand skills and competencies required for open roles.
- Champion the onboarding process, including processing background checks, assisting with orientation, etc.
- Serve as the primary People Operations system administrator, ensuring data accuracy, appropriate access, and sound operation. Escalate issues as appropriate to HR systems vendor.
- Serve as the initial point-of-contact to employees for many common inquiries, including questions on paychecks, benefit offerings, policy questions, etc.
- Identify process improvement opportunities, and propose more efficient ways of doing work.
- Develop human capital dashboards and metrics that support action planning and decision making.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute people operations programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, performance management, talent acquisition, wellness programs, training and development, and recordkeeping.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and communicates best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Continually engages in education regarding trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Associates Degree in a relevant field, such as business or human resources, required.
- Bachelors Degree in business or human resources, preferred.
- 2 years work experience providing human resources related guidance, strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to influence leaders at all levels
- A strong understanding of and ability to drive process improvement initiatives
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description represents the major functions of the job but is not intended to be all inclusive. The incumbent is also responsible for performing other duties as necessary for Association success.
Apply here: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=103699&clientkey=BB7B2F5F6009BEC6DC858BFECB2CEEB0