Title: HR Assistant
Essential Job Functions
If you’re passionate about serving as a partner within the campus community to meet the needs of a dynamic and inclusive academic institution, we enthusiastically invite you to consider the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay as the next step in your Human Resources career!
In alignment with the University’s mission and strategic priorities, the Office of Human Resources and Workforce Diversity at UW-Green Bay is committed to valuing diversity, nurturing innovation, and supporting the professional growth of UW-Green Bay faculty and staff. We provide consultation and services in the areas of HR systems, total rewards, talent acquisition and management, employee engagement, learning and development, compliance, equity and inclusion, and organizational change.
The HR Assistant position reports to the Employee Relations & Policy Specialist. This position performs routine human resources activities and provides general administrative support in functional areas such as records management, compliance, recruitment, and payroll and benefits. This position will serve as the office coordinator, including departmental budget coordination, and will serve as a resource to disseminate general HR information internally and externally.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Develops, implements, and maintains methods and organizational systems directed at the maintenance of employee electronic/physical records according to established policies and procedures.
- Assists with recruitment processes, new employee orientations and onboarding activities, training and development, and compliance.
- Schedules logistics and secures resources for meetings, conferences, travel, recruitment processes, onboarding activities, payroll and benefit functions, and/or other HR related activities.
- Serves as a point of contact to employees, managers, and internal and external stakeholders. Responds to inquiries and escalates more complex issues to the appropriate authorities.
- Prepares and organizes routine administrative communications, resources, and reports and maintains office equipment and supplies, under close supervision.
- Receives and responds to inquiries in-person, via email, and through various communication mediums and relays information to appropriate entities.
- H.S. Diploma at time of application
- Computer proficiency with the ability to use specialized software and web-based applications, spreadsheet and word processing (i.e. MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook)
- Ability to become proficient in managing content for division websites
- Ability to develop, modify, audit and monitor data
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
- Flexibility and the willingness to learn new systems, processes, and technological applications and recommend improvements
- Experience in Human Resources
- Experience in a higher education environment
- Knowledge of State of Wisconsin Records Management Guidelines and General Records Schedules for the University of Wisconsin System
The successful candidate will be expected to work inclusively and respectfully within a diverse campus community and practice civility in the workplace. The University welcomes applicants who are dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of inclusivity and equity as crucial components in the pursuit of organizational excellence.
In addition, the successful candidate will have strong oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills, demonstrated integrity and strong leadership, and the willingness to work independently and as part of a collaborative team. The University invites applicants who are dedicated to enriching the quality of life for students and the community by embracing the educational value of diversity, promoting environmental sustainability, encouraging engaged citizenship, and serving as an intellectual, cultural, and economic resource.
Conditions Of Appointment
Position is a full-time University Staff appointment. The work hours for this position will be 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (fully on-site).
A criminal conviction investigation will be conducted on the finalist(s). A six-month probationary period is required for this position. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
All final candidates must be asked, prior to hire, whether they have been found to have engaged in, are currently under investigation for, or left employment during an active investigation in which they were accused of sexual violence or sexual harassment. When obtaining employment reference checks, these same sexual violence or sexual harassment questions must also be asked.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.
Hourly salary range of $18.00 - $20.00.
This position is not exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
The UW System provides an excellent benefits package to meet the diverse needs of its employees. This includes several health insurance options, with annual deductibles as low as $250/individual and $500/family. Our benefits package also includes dental, vision, several life insurance options, AD&D and Accident insurance and Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts. We participate in the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS), where employer contributions begin immediately, and employees are fully vested after 5 years of service. The UW System also provides supplemental retirement savings programs including a 403(b) and Deferred Compensation.
In addition, employees receive several types of paid leave benefits, which are prorated for employees working less than 100%. This includes 9 legal holidays, 36 hours of personal holiday and between 96-130 hours of sick leave annually. Employees earn 13-27 days of vacation each year, depending on years of service and employment type.
Link to apply: HR Assistant - Career Opportunities - Work at UW-Green Bay - Human Resources & Workforce Diversity - UW-Green Bay (uwgb.edu)