Come join the GBC Family!
We are looking for a driven, high-energy individual to fill our on-site HR Assistant position, with a strong preference for this person to be Bilingual (English/Spanish).
APPLY HERE: https://green-bay-converting.breezy.hr/p/af130ec137af-human-resources-assistant-bilingual-preferred
The HR Assistant provides support in different areas within the Human Resources department, such as recruiting & onboarding, payroll & benefits administration, and record maintenance. The HR Assistant will provide customer service to employees by answering questions regarding benefits, policies & procedures, etc.
- Post internal job postings via email communication & external job postings via Indeed.com & GBC Careers page
- Review applications/resumes and complete preliminary phone interviews
- Schedule in-person interviews in Outlook calendars, and confirm details with candidates
- Assist with employee onboarding, to include set up of pre-employment items, new-hire paperwork, and orientation
- Process bi-weekly payroll for hourly staff, which includes ensuring PTO and other pay is correctly tracked
- Answer payroll questions and facilitate resolutions to any payroll errors
- Provide garnishment and child support orders to Paychex, provide responses to government agencies, and follow through with employee communication.
- Administer company insurance benefits by assisting employees, researching and communicating information and contacting insurance providers or brokers.
- Assist newly eligible employees with benefit and 401k enrollments.
- Assist with annual insurance open enrollment process, and 401K changes throughout the year.
- Organize, file, and maintain all employee records, for current and terminated employees, in accordance with federal & state laws, and per company policy
- Enter all employee changes into Paychex and OnCore systems, and collect required paperwork for employee files
- Perform file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Maintain accurate tracking of PTO, attendance, safety, quality, and corrective actions.
- Administer the steel-toe boot/shoe and safety eyeglass re-imbursement programs.
- Perform positive and helpful customer service to employees.
- Assist employees with FMLA requests and questions, and with the disability enrollment process.
- Fill in for other HR personnel, as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned by HR Manager and/or other members of management.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Associate’s degree in Human Resources strongly preferred.
- 1-2 years relevant work experience preferred, experience in manufacturing a plus.
- Strongly prefer fluency in both the English and Spanish languages.
- Possess proficient computer skills – especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain confidentiality; acts ethically and with integrity.
- Problem solving skills in dealing with HR issues.
- Organized and works well under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize work and work in a fast-paced, detail oriented environment.
*** Green Bay Converting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*** Green Bay Converting participates in E-Verify.