LOCATION: Green Bay
STANDARD HOURS: 40 Hours per week; Typical hours Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.; Flexibility required on rare occasions to include evening hours.
PAY RANGE: $18.61 - $22.74 per hour
*Salaries/Wages for all finalists (internal and external) will be based upon education, experiences, current wages, and internal equity.
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We value the ability to serve students from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, abilities, and orientations. Therefore, we seek applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits of diversity in a higher education community. Consideration will be given to equity-minded individuals committed to collaborating with faculty, staff, administration, students, and community partners who are also committed to closing equity gaps. You belong here. See why you will love working at NWTC.
Responsible for the administration of all health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and other ancillary benefits. Provide support with Front Desk Team in performing clerical functions for the Talent & Culture Department such as open/distribute mail, maintain internal resource documents, data entry, other clerical projects as requested, and to provide exceptional customer service in response to inquiries.
- Process and ensure accuracy of all employee benefit enrollments and life status changes in HRIS system and with benefit vendors.
- Coordinating and delivering new hire benefit orientations.
- Responds to benefit inquiries from employees on plan provisions, benefit enrollments, status changes, claim issues, plan changes and other general inquiries.
- Processes benefit invoices for payment and reporting.
- Process and track all Early Retirement benefit recipients.
- Co-Lead Wellness Committee and plan activities and communication pieces.
- Assist in the development of engaging and strategic benefit communications.
- Keep abreast of all laws affecting health and welfare benefits.
- Process all tuition reimbursement requests.
- Back-up to FMLA and leave processing.
- Greet internal and external customers, in person, via phone, or email and answer questions and serve as the liaison between the customer and the appropriate individual.
- Back-up for all Talent & Culture Front Desk duties.
- Process Verification and Unemployment inquiries including phone inquiries. Answer questions and follow-up in a timely manner within legal guidelines. Notify partners and any others needed of hearings, determinations etc.
- Process renewals for Caregiver Background checks twice per year.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Technical Degree in Human Resources or related degree preferred.
Experience: Three years related experience
**An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
Cultural Competence: Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and sensitivity to and understanding of a diverse community of college students, faculty, and staff.
*NWTC welcomes candidates who currently possess the desired skills and experience and are committed to learning and growing.
Microsoft Office Suite (advanced skills) and experience with a HRIS system (People Soft preferred)
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or other protected classes. Inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies may be directed to the Chief Officer for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at (920) 498-6826 or firstname.lastname@example.org.