LOCATION: Green Bay
STANDARD HOURS: 40 hours per week. Typical hours Monday - Friday 8:00 am -5:00 pm; Flexibility required to include other evening and/or weekend hours as necessary.
SALARY RANGE: $119,034 - $145,485 per year
*Salaries/Wages for all finalists (internal and external) will be based upon education, experiences, current wages, and internal equity.
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
Application, cover letter and resume are required.
Priority given to completed applications received before April 22, 2022.
The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We value the ability to serve students from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, abilities, and orientations. Therefore, we seek applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits of diversity in a higher education community. Consideration will be given to equity-minded individuals committed to collaborating with faculty, staff, administration, students, and community partners who are also committed to closing equity gaps. You belong here. See why you will love working at NWTC.
Provide visionary leadership in the strategic engagement and alignment of equity and inclusion initiatives in achieving the mission, vision, values, and strategic priorities of the College. Promote and monitor equity, inclusion, diversity, and equal opportunity initiatives. Represent the College in the community as a whole to ensure the learning and service needs of the multi-ethnic community are met. Serve as a member of the Executive Leadership Team.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Develop and articulate a clear voice and direction that utilizes innovation and creativity to maximize opportunities for improvement and growth for equity, inclusion, and diversity initiatives and that align with strategic initiatives of the College and student success.
- Advocate for an environment which encourages collaboration, collegiality, integrity, teamwork, and which values the diversity of ideas and people.
- Serve as the College’s liaison in civil discourse and action around equity and Inclusion College and community wide. Facilitate, implement, and support multi-ethnic community events.
- Provide leadership to diversity initiatives to ensure campus climate is addressed as well as to increase awareness that we are committed to embracing the worth of every individual, creating a place for all people, and promoting the respectful environment necessary for intellectual and personal discovery.
- Collaborate with the President’s Diversity Council to keep the College abreast of issues important to the multi-ethnic community.
- Collaborate with the Student Services leadership team to develop programs to support the success of students of color in attaining a career with family sustaining wages.
- Collaborate with the Learning leadership team and faculty to assure multiculturalism of curriculum.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources leadership team to develop programs to cultivate a workplace environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Collaborate with College Advancement to promote and advance the growth of the college in areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Engage in active recruitment of a diversified student body and workforce (faculty and non-faculty, benefit eligible and part time) by using creative and innovative strategies.
- Ensure that the (including the development of the five-year compliance plan) College’s Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Title IX programs meet local, state, and federal regulatory requirements and reporting are met. Oversee the development and submission of periodic updates as required or requested. Monitor legal developments and compliance issues.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Master’s Degree
Experience: Five years related experience
**An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
Cultural Competence: Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and sensitivity to and understanding of a diverse community of college students, faculty, and staff.
*NWTC welcomes candidates who currently possess the desired skills and experience and are committed to learning and growing.
Microsoft Office Suite
Must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the District’s standard insurance policy terms.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or other protected classes. Inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies may be directed to the Chief Officer for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at (920) 498-6826 or firstname.lastname@example.org.