The Compensation and Benefits Director provides strategic leadership for the Benefits, Compensation, and HRIS teams at Festival Foods. Our stores and support offices serve nearly 8,000 associates throughout the state of Wisconsin, and these teams impact each teammate through our benefit offerings and technology.
Job Title: Compensation and Benefits Director
FLSA Status: Salary
Reports To: SVP of Human Resources
Under the direction of the SVP of Human Resources, the primary focus of this position is to ensure the proper design, implementation, and ongoing success of all Benefits, Compensation and HRIS programs (including 401k, ESOP and wellness). This individual is fully responsible for the development and implementation of all strategic initiatives within these functions.
- Provides vision, leadership, planning, and project management of all benefits, compensation and HRIS teams, processes and systems.
- Own and drive relationships with vendor partners, ensuring that changes and improvement to plans and systems support the ongoing growth of Festival.
- Leads the Benefits Manager to provide guidance for benefits including, but not limited to, researching and working to resolve benefit program questions and inquiries for all associates.
- Leads the HRIS Manager in reviewing pending business issues that will have a direct impact on the HRIS
- Directs HRIS process improvements, drives innovative solutions and policy changes. Ensures the appropriateness and implementation of new versions/systems.
- Leads the Compensation Analyst, ensuring the implementation and success of all compensation programs including annual merit and bonus processes, ongoing market checks and the associated policy and pay changes that they drive.
- Maintain awareness of vendor plans, and the potential impact of those plans, on current and future functionality, driving change when needed.
- Leads the development and implementation of training of HR and leaders across the organization on processes for benefits, compensation and the HRIS system and associate wellness.
- Drives the research and development, and coordination of integration of benefits programs during acquisitions.
- Continue professional development through participation in user group meetings/conferences.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Human Resources. 5-10 years of prior benefits, compensation and HRIS experience with progressively more responsibility and a track record of results. Must have experience leading Human Resources Benefits functions (including 401K and ESOP).
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills required
- Strong prioritization skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to maintain and build strong business relationships across the organization
- Initiative to continuously improve and update processes
- High degree of problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex, multidisciplinary efforts
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users
- Demonstrated ability to lead and support the Human Resources Managers who work directly with associates in store location
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
- Directly reports to the SVP- Human Resources.
- Daily contact with HR Managers and all levels of leadership providing interpretation and guidance with all issues related to Compensation, HRIS and all Benefits programs.
- Directly oversees the Benefits Manager, HRIS Manager and Compensation Analyst.
External Business Relationships:
- Frequent contact with Benefit, 401K, Wellness, Compensation and HRIS vendors
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Sitting or standing at a computer 75% of the time
- Bending, stretching, and occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs. is required
- Professional presence and proper phone etiquette is required
The Compensation and Benefits Director is a salaried position.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.