The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We value the ability to serve students from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, abilities, and orientations. Therefore, we seek applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits of diversity in a higher education community. Consideration will be given to equity-minded individuals committed to collaborating with faculty, staff, administration, students, and community partners who are also committed to closing equity gaps.
Provide administrative support to the Talent Strategy department. Serve as a member of the front desk team, providing exceptional customer service to internal and external customers. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with customers in all forms of communication are vital. The ability to work independently and effectively under pressure while adapting to changing work priorities is also important. The position works collaboratively with all areas of the Talent and Culture Division.
- Facilitate the supporting activities of the Talent Management process including coordination of job postings, communication of openings, scheduling interviews, communication with candidates, and processing of offer letters and reorganizations.
- Process the changes to organizational charts and job descriptions, update human resource information system (HRIS) to reflect all changes in reporting relationship, job demographic, etc.
- Manage job description updates following the annual compensation review process.
- Verify credentials of K12 Instructors, enter credentials into information system, and assign instructors in the system as appropriate.
- Manage internal communication related to employee movement including new hire, transfer, resignation, and retirement announcements on the NWTC Hub. Create and manage lists of new hires, years of service, recognition, and retirement lists for college-wide events and celebrations.
- Assist with recognition programming for retirees, years of service awardees, and All College Awards.
- Provide support with the completion of annual employee renewal checks i.e. caregiver background checks and motor vehicle record checks.
- Assist with system testing as needed
Education: Associate Degree in Administrative Assistant or Human Resources or a related field is preferred.
Experience: A minimum of two years of related professional experience, preferably in Human Resources or a similar professional office setting is required.
**An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
Cultural Competence: Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and sensitivity to and understanding of a diverse community of college students, faculty, and staff.
*NWTC welcomes candidates who currently possess the desired skills and experience and are committed to learning and growing.
Microsoft Office Suite (advanced skills), experience with a data base management system (People Soft preferred).
Experience with social media and job posting sites (preferred).
For more details and to apply: www.nwtc.edu/jobs