Can you navigate a variety of employee situations?
Do you have the strength to lead through difficult times?
Do you see the “grey” in different situations?
If this grabs your attention, we want to talk with you!
WHO WE ARE:
Hurckman Mechanical is a 3rd generation family-owned company with approximately 220 employees, both union and non-union. We are a Federal Contractor and will be complying with any and all federal or state mandates related to Covid-19.
We provide commercial and industrial services in the areas of Plumbing, HVAC, Piping, Insulation, Fabrication and Refrigeration. We’ve been around for over 75 years, so we’re stable.
We know how to get through tough times and enjoy fun times together. Our team is made up of people young and old with lots of different stories and experiences. We’re solid and we’d love to have you check us out.
HERE’S HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
With your broad knowledge in Human Resources, you will help oversee and manage all things “HR” including but not limited to benefits, recruiting, policies and procedures, covid-19 administration, legal compliance, employee relations, performance reviews, and much more.
To be successful in this role, you must be an effective communicator who is adaptable and able to work through difficult situations tactfully. You will be able to develop solutions, stay organized and maintain a professional demeanor even in stressful times.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WE WILL TRUST YOU WITH:
- Advise managers and supervisors through sometimes complex and sensitive employee situations
- Manage employee relations while promoting a positive and inclusive work environment
- Lead and manage the talent acquisition process to hire top talent in an industry with hard-to-fill positions
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits, and provide recommendations to senior leadership
- Oversee investigations, employee corrective action meetings and when needed, terminations
- Administer insurance and benefit programs; Update benefit websites with info related to new hires and terminations
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, regulations and best practices
- Oversee and administer performance management systems
- Maintain current job descriptions
- Update employee policies and the handbooks
- Maintain employee records and database
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study such as Human Resources, Sociology, Psychology, or similar
- 5+ years of experience in Human Resources, preferably in construction or manufacturing
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills - a sense of diplomacy, ability to build trust and rapport, and ability to help solve problems.
Compensation Package: We will offer you a competitive compensation package to include market driven salary plus health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. Also includes vacation, PTO and holiday pay. 401k plan and year-end discretionary bonus.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume (and cover letter if you'd like) to Kelly Winters, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to enhancing the diversity of our people, ideas and talents. We welcome all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or age. Applications from members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.