LOCATION: Green Bay Campus
STANDARD HOURS: 24 hours per week, Monday-Friday. Scheduled to be determined at the time of hire. Flexibility required to meet the needs of our students/customers.
MINIMUM STARTING RATE OF PAY: $14.16/hour
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We value the ability to serve students from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, abilities, and orientations. Therefore, we seek applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits of diversity in a higher education community. Consideration will be given to equity-minded individuals committed to collaborating with faculty, staff, administration, students, and community partners who are also committed to closing equity gaps.
Provide administrative support to the Talent Strategy department. Serve as a member of the front desk team, providing exceptional customer service to internal and external customers. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with customers in all forms of communication are vital. The ability to work independently and effectively under pressure while adapting to changing work priorities is also important. The position works collaboratively with all areas of the Talent and Culture Division.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Facilitate the supporting activities of the Talent Management process including coordination of job postings, communication of openings, scheduling interviews, communication with candidates, and processing of offer letters and reorganizations.
- Process the changes to organizational charts and job descriptions, update human resource information system (HRIS) to reflect all changes in reporting relationship, job demographic, etc.
- Manage job description updates following the annual compensation review process.
- Verify credentials of K12 Instructors, enter credentials into information system, and assign instructors in the system as appropriate.
- Manage internal communication related to employee movement including new hire, transfer, resignation, and retirement announcements on the NWTC Hub. Create and manage lists of new hires, years of service, recognition, and retirement lists for college-wide events and celebrations.
- Assist with recognition programming for retirees, years of service awardees, and All College Awards.
- Provide support running learning management plan reports for full and part-time faculty. Activate and inactivate part-time and full-time faculty, as needed, based on these plan reports.
- Provide support with the completion of annual employee renewal checks i.e, caregiver background checks and motor vehicle record checks.
- Assist with system testing as needed.
- Values - Demonstrate behaviors and action that support the College’s values - Customer Focus, Everyone Has Worth, Passion and Inspiration, Collaboration, Emotional Intelligence, Results and Accountability, Valuing Talent and Well Being, and Ethics.
- Student Success – Demonstrate behaviors and actions that support student recruitment, retention, and student success initiatives.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, socio-economic background, or job type.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Flexibility - Ability to adjust to changes as necessary.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Associate Degree in Administrative Assistant or Human Resources or a related field is preferred.
Experience: A minimum of two years of related professional experience, preferably in Human Resources or a similar professional office setting is required.
**An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
Microsoft Office Suite (advanced skills), experience with a data base management system (People Soft preferred).
Experience with social media and job posting sites (preferred).
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes. Inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies may be directed to the Chief Officer for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at (920) 498-6826 or email@example.com.