Curative Connections is seeking a dynamic Director of Development to lead its fundraising efforts. The role involves co-creating and implementing comprehensive fundraising plans in concert with the President and CEO and the development committee of the board of directors. The Director of Development’s aim is to build relationships with donors and prospective supporters, staff and volunteers that lead to annual, sponsorship, major and planned gifts. Secondary responsibilities include marketing, communications and public relations. Candidates with CFRE credentials are preferred but not required. What is most important is a track record of fundraising achievement in mission-driven and values-focused organizations. Successful candidates will also possess strong emotional intelligence, effective communications skills and a personal commitment to continuous learning and self-improvement.
Effective candidates will build on the support of existing donors and cultivate new relationships. The ability to have strong relationship and donor stewardship skills will therefore be key characteristics of successful candidates. Individuals with 5+ years of effective fund development experience in a nonprofit setting are encouraged to apply.
Other skills and abilities important for success
- · The ability to model the organization’s values in all interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
- · The ability to work with the board members and other volunteers.
- · The ability to foster a culture of philanthropy through words and actions.
- · The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- · The ability to work independently with an eye for detail, with accuracy, and dependable follow through.
- · The ability to steward all gifts, including cultivation, solicitation, recording, and gift acknowledgement.
- · Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- · A desire to learn and grow.
- · Proficiency with the organization’s donor management system and Microsoft software.
- · The ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and (rarely) weekends.
- · A commitment to Curative Connections’ mission and values and the people we serve.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Curative Connections President and CEO Steve McCarthy, smccarthy@CurativeConnections.org.
Curative Connections is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We employ people without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical or cognitive disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law, ordinance or regulation.